- Implement Tri Dharma Perguruan Tinggi (The code of higher education institution in Indonesia)
- Implement educational programs based on the development and progress of science and technology to construct a flexible curriculum.
- Implement and improve the development of teaching staff and students in an integrated manner. Its graduates are expected to develop the application and develop science and technology, in the role of improvisation and innovation of production processes.
- To encourage cooperation with government agencies and relevant private.
Geological Engineering of ITB try to answer several challenges that may be faced in the future, such as:
- The development of geoscience
- The scarce of energy and geological resources
- Natural disasters (identification, detection, and mitigation)
- Environmental problems.
Undergraduate Program in Geological Engineering should be able to produce graduates who are skilled and able to develop in a variety of related disciplines. The graduates must also has good moral, wise and prudent, and be able to cooperate with other disciplines.
This goal is pictured in Undergraduate Program in Geological Engineering ITB vision, which is:
- Leading educational institution in the development of science and technology in the fields of geology
- Produce graduates who are qualified and able to think in a wide perspective, multidisciplinary, has good moral, uphold the scientific truth and intuitive truth, and embraces academic freedom.
- Take an active role in the development of basic and applied science, especially in energy and mineral resource exploration, geological hazard and mitigation, and environment.
To achieve the above vision, Undergraduate Program in Geological Engineering should be able to perform its obligations as a higher education institution. Contribution in the education, research and community service is a basic mandatory that must be done for the development of science, especially in the field of geology. For that purpose, education must be implemented on the basis of moral and culture of Indonesia with the acquisition of appropriate technology so that the graduates can develop their knowledge and meet the needs of the society. Students should be provided with basic knowledge in geology and its application reflected in the curriculum that is flexible and evaluated and upgraded sustainably. The education process is also associated with the development of teaching staff; hence it is important that the teaching staff must contribute to the research to contribute the development of geological science in Indonesia.